So the last cookies I made were amazing, and I couldn’t help but think that they’d be even more amazing if they were double chocolate cookies (because who doesn’t like more chocolate?) so here they are. These cookies are so tasty, gooey and so good when you bite into a bit that has chocolate melted in it.
(makes 18 cookies)
280g/8oz vegan margarine
4 tbsp oil
2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
250g/8.5oz plain flour
65g/2oz unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
300g/10.5oz vegan chocolate (can be dark chocolate, milk chocolate like moo free, or white chocolate and a combination works well too)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Stir in the oil, one tbsp at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and (with a sieve) gradually stir it into the creamed mixture (large bowl).
- Break up the chocolate bars into small(ish) chunks, fold the chunks into the mixture.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a greased baking tray/mold the mixture into cookie shapes and place them onto the tray
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated over.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then put them on a wire rack to cool