The blueberries in this recipe are optional as the pancakes also taste really good without them too. The banana serves as an egg replacement, but the pancakes do not taste like bananas.
- 130g/4.5oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls of blueberries (optional)
- pinch salt
- 240 ml/8 fl oz soya milk (or any non dairy milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- Icing sugar (optional to serve)
- Mash the banana with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix with a spoon.
- Add the soya milk, banana and vanilla extract and mix well with a spoon/whisk.
- If it is too dry add a little more milk.The batter should be pourable but not too runny.
- Add the blueberries (if using) and mix them in well with a spoon.
- On a medium heat melt the margarine in a frying pan and then add to the pancake mix.
- When bubbles appear on top it is ready to flip over.
- Cook for a minute or two on the other side.
- Serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar