My boyfriend made me some cookies the other day and they were tasty, but something wasn’t quite right about them. They were a little too thick, a little bit too hard and they definitely needed some chocolate chips. So I made a few changes to an already pretty good recipe and it produce some very yummy results!
200g/7oz vegan margarine
2/3 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
250g/9oz plain flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
200g/7oz vegan chocolate (if you get chocolate bars, the big bits of chocolate are much nicer than little bags of vegan chocolate chips, but they work too)
- Preheat over to 180
- Grease/line a baking tray
- In a big bowl add the butter and sugar, and then beat them until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and vanilla essence and mix them all together well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl (using a sieve) and use a wooden spoon to mix them all together well.
- Chop the chocolate up into small pieces then stir them into the mix.
- Pour the mix onto the baking trays with a large spoon. Remember to leave plenty of space between scoops.
- Put them in the oven for 15 minutes (until they go golden brown, and the centres are still slightly soft to the touch).