I’m not a massive fan of coconut but I really love these cookies, so they must be good. Sam approves too, and he loves coconut, so you now must be getting a feeling for just how delicious these cookies are.
150g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
125g vegan margarine
100g light brown sugar
100g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
100g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180c/gas mark 4
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, vanilla essence, brown sugar and caster sugar until light and fluffy
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt mixture
- Mix in the coconut
- Take small handfuls of dough and shape into biscuits, place them on a lined baking tray, they should be a lot of space between each cookie as they will expand a lot
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, then eat and enjoy!