You will need a German waffle iron (heart shaped) for this recipe
This will serve about 2 hungry people!
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp oil
250ml soya milk (or other non-dairy milk)
Oil/vegan margarine to grease the iron
1 medium sized apple
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Wash the apple then peel, core and slice it
- Bring the apple to the boil, then gently simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the apple, then, using a hand blender/potato masher or spoon, mash the apples into a thick puree, then add the cinnamon and mix well
- Place in the fridge to cool
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients
- Then add the soya milk, apple sauce, water and oil and stir well. The mix should be fairly liquid, so add a little more soya milk if you need it.
- Turn on the waffle iron and leave it to heat, lightly grease the iron using oil or margarine
- Using a ladle, scoop the mixture into the middle of the waffle iron and bake (only put one scoop in and not enough to cover the whole iron as it will expand)
- When finished, take the waffle out of the iron, serve with whatever topping you like then eat and enjoy!