I had some old bananas that were going bad and needed something to do with them, and I thought about banana muffins. They’re really good for lunch boxes, so it was perfect as I was going out for the day. They’re delicious when warm and equally good cold. They’re quite dense because there’s so much banana in them, but that adds to the yummyness. This is quite a small recipe, only makes 9, so I’d perhaps advise that you doubled the recipe if you’ve got the bananas for it!
150g/5oz plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3 bananas, mashed
100g/3.5oz caster sugar
75g/3oz vegan margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4.
- Place 9 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add the margarine, combine well
- Add the sugar and mix
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix until smooth
- Spoon evenly into (9) cases in a muffin tin
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes