These biscuits are chewy, crunchy, sweet and very moreish. They’re really easy to make and are perfect with melted chocolate drizzled on top (especially if you eat them whilst the chocolate is warm…yum). I made the tragic mistake of sharing them with my housemates, so they very quickly disappeared. This recipe will roughly make about 12 biscuits (which I’d advise you not to share under any circumstances….)
150g/6oz self raising flour
150g/6oz porridge oats
150g/6oz vegan margarine
2 tablespoon golden syrup
2 tablespoon soya milk
100g vegan chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f/Gas mark 4
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Mix in rolled oats and sugar.
- Melt margarine, syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir until heated through, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until combined.
- Shape the mixture into a small balls and flatten into the shape of a biscuit.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray
- Melt some vegan chocolate (in microwave or in a bowl in another bowl of hot water)
- Drizzle the chocolate over the biscuits
- Eat and enjoy!
If you liked this you might also like:
Sweet and easy vegan flapjack