I experimented a little with this recipe and there is now also a chocolate chip shortbread cookie recipe at the bottom (and they’re so good).
I made some shortbread today and they’re incredibly good, I didn’t think you would be able to make good ones (that are vegan), but this recipe proves that you can. If you can stop yourself from eating the fresh out the oven, they’re best when left to cool. Makes about 18 biscuits.
250g/8oz vegan margarine
110g/4oz caster sugar
360g/12oz plain flour
Some icing sugar to sprinkle on top
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the vegan margarine and the sugar together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the flour (a little bit at a time) to get a smooth paste.
- Put the dough on to a work surface and gently roll out until it is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into fingers and place onto a baking tray.
- Poke holes into the fingers then sprinkle with icing sugar and then chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
View original post 251 more words