I’m not sure about the title of this post, I don’t think I would quite describe them as cookies (in the America way of being doughy/chewy). They have more of a texture like shortbread, and they’re incredibly floury. This makes them a little difficult to shape and roll into balls because they’re a little dry, but the results are really good so I’d recommend that you persevere with trying to get them into shape. They will be crumbly, but the effort is definitely worth it for the results!
350g/12oz vegan peanut butter (most are vegan, just check the label!)
225g/8oz packed light-brown sugar
115g/4oz vegan margarine
6 tbsp oil
300g/11oz cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, oil and margarine until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture, and mix to combine.
- Take small handfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Using a fork, press balls in a crisscross pattern, flattening to a 1/2-inch thickness. Alternatively try and shape them into small biscuit shapes instead if you feel that they are likely to fall apart when you try to press them down with a knife.
- Bake biscuits, until lightly golden for about 20 minutes.
- Cool biscuits on a wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!