You will need a blender for this recipe.
Last night I wrote a recipe for a vegan banana milkshake, you can get the recipe for that here. It was sad to learn that Swedish Glace ice cream is not available everywhere in the world. Therefore I have created this smoothie recipe for Angela at uberdish and Celeste at Honk If You’re Vegan to cheer them up about not being able to buy Swedish Glace ice cream (because yes, it’s really that good). I’d like to remind everyone that I’m not getting paid to promote Swedish Glace, but I’d be more than willing to (please send me free stuff). Anyway, until the day comes when I become brilliant at everything and can make my own ice cream (which I will obviously post about here), here’s a smoothie recipe:
1 large and ripe banana (or 2 small ones)
1 large apple (or 2 small ones)
2 handfuls of raspberries
- Peel the banana and chop it into small slices, put it in the blender
- Peel and core the apple and chop it into small piece then put it in the blender
- Add the raspberries to the blender and pulse until there are no large chunks of fruit
- Add between 50ml – 100ml water (I prefer 100, but all my friends tell it’s better with only 50)
- Blend the fruit and water together until sufficiently mixed (it should be a thick liquid)
- Pour into a glass, serve and enjoy!