Today we made some chocolate croissants/pastries for breakfast, unfortunately we were a bit too lazy to make our own pastry, so we used jus rol puff pastry which you can find in major supermarkets and is luckily vegan. If you want/have time to make your own pastry there is a recipe here
These are brilliant fresh out of the oven, i’d even recommend reheating them in the oven a little if you want eat them later.
100g vegan chocolate (I recommend using dark chocolate but not more than 60% cocoa)
Quarter of a glass of soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Unfurl the sheet of pastry and then cut it into six squares.
- Cut each square diagonally to give 2 triangles (they will appear quite small). Put the triangle with the wider part facing you, and the point away from you.
- Break off small pieces of chocolate to place on the wider part near you.
- Then carefully roll from that chocolate-loaded end towards the point of the triangle.
- You should now have something resembling a straight croissant. Seal it slightly with your fingertips and curl it around into a crescent.
- Place the 12 chocolate croissants on a lined but not buttered baking tray and paint with the soya milk. Bake for 15 minutes until they are golden and puffy. (Half way through, I took them out of the oven to add a little vegan margarine on top of them, you can do this too if you want, but it’s not necessary).
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy!