Today I’ve made a mixed berry crumble, you can choose any berries that you like. I chose raspberries, blackberries and blackcurrants just because I happened to have those. This is pretty easy to make and is delicious.
For the crumble topping
225g/8oz plain flour
110g/4oz vegan margarine
75g/3oz light brown soft sugar
For the filling
500g/1lb2oz mixed berries (raspberries on their own can be very nice too)
1tsp light brown soft sugar
(2 tsp golden syrup, if you are using frozen rather than fresh berries, as it might be a bit sour otherwise)
For the topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark
- Sift the flour into a medium size bowl, add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers until it looks crumbly (if you have a food processor, you can do this in that)
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Arrange the berries in the dish and sprinkle over the teaspoon of sugar (and the golden syrup if using), then the crumble mixture, and spread it out over the fruit with a fork.
- Put the crumble in the oven and bake for 40 minutes (until the top is golden), then enjoy!