This easy to make flapjack is super sweet, it is more biscuity rather than cakey as it’s quite crunchy, so it’s perfect for taking with you to work/school/uni as part of a packed lunch. Chocolate chips/melted chocolate on top goes perfectly with this (especially dark chocolate, as it’s a nice contrast to the sweet flapjack). I’ll probably be posting more flapjack recipes soon (one that is a little more gooey/chewy), just give me a little time to experiment!
- 175g/6oz vegan margarine
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) golden syrup
- 250g/9oz porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 150C. Lightly grease a 20cm baking tin.
- In a large pan, melt together the margarine, sugar & syrup, while stirring. When melted, remove from the heat and stir in the porridge oats.
- Pour into tin and smooth the surface with a spoon. Bake for 35-40 mins or until the edges are brown and the surface has turned golden.
- Place the tin on a wire rack. Cut into squares after 10 minutes, but leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.