So I have been thinking about writing some recipes for Easter and for kids, I combined the two and here are the Rice Krispie cakes/cornflake cakes. They’re very simple to make and they just adapted from the fairly well know usual recipe for these treats. Kids (and pretty much everyone else) will love making them and I guarantee they won’t taste the difference (that they’re vegan)!
60g/ 2 oz vegan margarine
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 x 100g bar (vegan) chocolate
90g/ 3 oz Rice Krispies or cornflakes
- Melt the chocolate in small bursts in the microwave or over a bowl in a saucepan of simmering water
- Add the margarine to the chocolate, stir it in till melted
- Add the golden syrup and stir
- Add the Rice Krispies or cornflakes and stir in to the chocolate mix gently
- Spoon in to 12 bun cases
- Leave to cool in the fridge, then eat and enjoy!