This cake tastes brilliant fresh out of the oven, but even better if you leave it to cool down, so if you can control the urge to scoff it down, do so! I took my cake out of the oven a little bit too early (after 35 minutes), so I recommend that you leave it in for a little longer, which should be fine as it’s set on a fairly low temperature. Let me know how it went by commenting below 🙂
125g/4oz vegan margarine
150g/5oz caster sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp oil
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g/6oz plain flour
1tsp baking powder
60ml/2 fl oz soya (or other non-dairy) milk
- Preheat the oven at 150 C fan oven (or 170 C regular, Gas mark 3)
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Melt vegan margarine, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the oil, mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, until it browns and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Vegan Banana muffins