So I know this is not a dessert, which is what I usually post about, but I really love Yorkshire puddings and these ones turned out very well for a first attempt at vegan ones. Perfect addition to your Sunday lunch.
90g/3oz vegan margarine
115g/4oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
280ml/10 fl oz pint soya milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- . Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Put 1 tsp margarine in each compartment on a bun tray with 12 compartments. Put the tray near the top of the oven with a baking tray underneath to catch drips.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt thoroughly in a bowl.
- Mix the oil in with the milk in a jug. Do not add to the bowl yet.
- Once it is ready to go in the oven (after approx. 10 minutes when the oven and butter is hot) add half of the liquid to the dry mix. Mix it into a smooth batter (paste) then add the remaining liquid. It should be like cream, if it’s too thick add more liquid.
- Transfer the batter to a jug, take the tray out of the oven and fill each compartment to the top. It should sizzle as it goes in. Do this as quickly as possible before the heat gets out.
- Cook for 15-20 mins.